Friday, September 5, 2014

B-WINE!...day. 29952014

Live your Life, Rhianna

At the teens first volleyball game of her senior year I realized something, the last time I was in this gym was my senior year... 


The last game I attended in this gym she was with me, my senior year was poles apart from hers...

My senior year was contrasting to that of my friends,also.
Although we shared the same experiences, we expereiced them differently.
There was a benefit they had of being just a student, the joy and expectation of possiblity without limitation.  There was a benefit I had of being a mom and a student, the appreciation of every moment I had as a student, living in the moment.

The moments I appreciated the most took place in that gym, because that year our basketball team won the conference and state championships.  It was all about the games!

And at those games I was able to appreciate the moment of being both a mom and a student simultaneously...

What's not remebered are the moments that balls didn't make it into the basket, the ones that went in are what counted...

Those baskets made are similar to the life me and my high school counter parts went on the live.
The benefits that we didn't have don't count, only the ones that we did are appreciated.
It doesn't matter what didn't happen in our lives, because all that's important is what did...

Still hear the crowd...
B-WINE! B-WINE! B-WINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my [ish]... -Erykah Badu